One of my favorite candy bars is a Baby Ruth.
I thought it would be fun to try to re-create them, so in only a few ingredients that’s what I’ve done.
The roasted peanuts mixed with the crunchy cornflakes, all topped with melted chocolate….
I mean, c’mon! They are so addictive!
- 6 cups cornflakes cereal
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided
- 2/3 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a large saucepan over medium-heat, combine corn syrup, peanut butter, and sugars, stirring until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cornflakes, 1 cup of chocolate chips, and the peanuts.
- Pour hot corn syrup mixture over the cornflakes mix. Stir until cornflakes are completely coated.
- Press mixture into a greased baking pan and let cool.