I can’t believe I never posted this!
This was my crowning achievement this summer!
Paddy’s Blueberry Pie
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (15 ounce) packages refrigerated pie crusts or your own recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions for Pie Crust:
Process all ingredients for 10 seconds until it looks like oatmeal. Then pour 1/4-1/2 cup ice water in gradually. Wrap in saran wrap into 2 flat circles & chill at least 2 hours or overnight. Then roll between 2 pieces of wax paper.
(If you’re doing a single pire crust, bake at 425 F for 10-12 mintues)
Pie Filling :
- SPRINKLE berries with lemon juice; set aside.
- FIT half of pastry in a 9-inch pie plate.
- COMBINE 1 cup sugar and next 3 ingredients; add to berries, stirring well.
- Pour into pastry shell, and dot with butter.
- UNFOLD remaining pastry on a lightly floured surface; roll gently with rolling pin to remove creases in pastry.
- Place pastry over filling; seal and crimp edges.
- Cut slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape.
- Brush top of pastry with beaten egg, and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar BAKE at 400° for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cover edges with aluminum foil to prevent overbrowning, if necessary.