This recipe for Dr Pepper Boneless Wings made a delicious, sweet, sticky sauce.
I first made them with actual chicken wings, but am planning on making them again soon, boneless this time.
Dr Pepper Boneless Wings
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into nugget sized pieces
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can Dr. pepper
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Oil for frying
- Combine the flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss the chicken in the flour mixture, coating completely.
- Put the coated chicken in the fridge for at least 1 hour. This will help the coating adhere to the chicken during frying.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring the can of Dr. Pepper to a boil, reduce heat and simmer briskly until reduced to about 1/8th the amount.
- Add the brown sugar, ketchup, Tabasco and butter and simmer until a nice thick sauce.
- Set aside.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees. Remove the chicken from the fridge and fry in the oil until golden brown and the chicken is cooked through. when all chicken is cooked, toss in the sauce until completely coated.
Everyday Adventures http://www.everydayadventures.com/