Hello fellow Cooking with Crystal fans!
This recipe that I want to share with you is a FANTASTIC skillet cookie.
I have a restaurant in my town that serves this AMAZING giant chocolate chip cookie and for years now I’ve been going and ordering it for special occasions and sometimes just for dinner!
I finally decided to just make one myself and save myself a trip out!
I am SO glad that I did, because this cookie is going to blow your socks off.
To begin you will make your batter by mixing together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together.
Then add the vanilla and eggs.
Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and instant coffee (if using) in a separate bowl.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 2 batches, mixing well after each one.
Then stir in the milk and semisweet chocolate chips.
Spread the mixture into a 10 inch skillet and bake until golden brown, 30 to 60 minutes.
Remove the skillet from the oven, let cool…
Once it’s cooled down a bit, go ahead and load it with your favorite ice cream, hot fudge, salted caramel, and cherries!
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 heaping tsp instant coffee (optional)
- ice cream, vanilla or any you prefer
- hot fudge
- salted caramel topping
- maraschino cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in large bowl. Add vanilla and eggs, mixing well. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and coffee (if using) in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients in 2 batches, mixing after each one.
- Stir in the milk and semisweet chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture into a 10 inch skillet and bake until golden brown, 30-40 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, top the cookie with vanilla ice cream, drizzle on hot fudge, salted caramel topping, and top with a cherry!