This recipe for Grilled Chicken, Corn & Scallion Quesadillas is phenomenal.
It takes your normal quesadilla and sets it over the edge!
The melty goodness of the monterey jack cheese mixed with shredded rotisserie chicken
and the powerful flavors of the scallions and corn are perfection!
Cooking it on the grill makes it melt quickly, but more importantly gives it that delicious crunch.
I tried two different methods…placing the quesadillas in foil and then placing them straight on the grill.
I found that the ones without foil quickly burned and did not evenly cook and melt.
The foil seemed to give it the protection it needed to perfectly grill and melt.
Begin by cooking the corn on the grill.
Once you have those lovely charred kernels, let them cool and cut them off the cob.
Then slice up those aromatic scallions.
Get your shredded monterey jack cheese ready.
Then begin assembling your quesadilla!
Place it in foil and set it on the grill to cook. Flip over after 3-5 minutes and let it cook and melt on the other side, then remove from grill and cool.
- 5 scallions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp evoo (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1 shredded rotisserie chicken
- Flour tortillas
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 ears of corn, grilled & kernels cut off
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 lime, juice & zest
- aluminum foil
- Preheat grill to high setting and set corn on it and grill till grill marks occur. Then let cool & cut off cob.
- Place shredded rotisserie chicken in bowl and add lime juice and zest, chili powder, & paprika.
- Slice scallions.
- Lay one tortilla down and begin to assemble it. Add cheese, a handful of chicken, corn, scallions, and a little more cheese on top. Then place tortilla on top of it all.
- Make other quesadillas.Then place them inside aluminum foil packets and set on the grill and cook about 3-6 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Then flip it to the other side and wait for 5-8 minutes. Then remove from grill and let cool before slicing into triangles.
Remove from grill and after its all cooled, slice into triangles and enjoy!
You might also like these recipes: