With summer upon us, I LOVE to go to my local Farmer’s Market and find Heirloom Tomato’s.
Today I am sharing this Heirloom Tomato Salad!
I mean how crazy looking are these tomatoes?!
I love it. They are all so different and unique.
Then make the basil vinaigrette. It’s so fresh and delicious. It’s simply fresh basil, canola oil, and lemon juice.
Look at that gorgeousness.
Pure, fresh basil goodness.
That fresh basil in this vinaigrette is gonna change your life.
Then pour it over all the chopped Heirloom’s and let them soak it all up!
- 1 1/2 pounds Heirloom Tomatoes, assorted colors/sizes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn up
- 1/2 cup basil vinaigrette
- Basil Vinaigrette
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- Begin by chopping up the tomato's and place them in a large bowl.
- Make the basil vinaigrette by placing the 1 1/2 cups basil, lemon and canola oil in a blender and pulsing.
- Then pour that over the tomatoes and toss in the torn (1/2 cup) basil leaves. Mix gently and serve at room temperature.