Today I am sharing a zesty recipe for Mexican Grilled Corn!
This is such a flavorful side dish and goes perfectly with some BBQ!
I also love to make it up with some fresh chips and guacamole and call it a dinner!
This corn heats up and cooks right on the grill and leaves those amazing grill marks and chars some kernels.
Then after it’s done, it gets slathered in butter, lime juice, chile powder, cilantro and a good helping of cotija cheese!
For those not familiar with that type of cheese, it is a Mexican cheese that is very salty.
It’s also a seasonal cheese, with production only being during July -October.
This is what I used and what was available at my local store. Shred this up and then mix all the topping ingredients together before throwing the corn on the grill.
To begin, place the corn directly on the grill grates.
Cook them for about 5 minutes and then turn them over.
Finish them up on the other side and get ready to pour over all the flavor!
Add the cilantro, lime juice, chile powder, butter, and cheese and ENJOY!
- Bread, any type you prefer
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 pieces of mozzarella cheese slices
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat.
- Butter one side of 2 slices of whatever bread you like.
- Place one slice butter side down in the pan.
- Top with sliced avocado, mozzarella cheese slices and a couple slices of tomato.
- Drizzle with a little bit evoo and sprinkle with salt.
- Top the remaining piece of bread, butter side up.
- Cook until bread is golden brown (2-3 minutes), then flip and brown the other side.