This recipe for Mixed Berry Cobbler had my family raving.
My 5 year old devoured it and kept on asking for more day after day!
I am not a huge fruit/dessert gal, but I have to say….I kept going back for more too!
I mean look at that topping………..are you drooling?!
I know that I am.
The topping is my FAVORITE part!
Mixed Berry Cobbler
- 7 cups, combination of berries,
- (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, & raspberries) fresh or frozen
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cups plus 4 Tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine berries and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix 1/2 cup sugar with cornstarch; pour over berries and stir gently.
- Place berries in a 2-quart or 9 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Place flour, 3 tablespoons sugar and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in cream to make a soft dough.
- Drop by spoonfuls over fruit.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake about 55-60 minutes or until top is well browned and juices are bubbly.
Everyday Adventures http://www.everydayadventures.com/
This recipe is seriously the EASIEST!
So quick and yet so delicious .