With the wonderful summer temperatures, this Peach Basil Topping is sure to hit the spot with your favorite ice cream!
This is such a refreshing dessert!
And I’ll be totally honest, I wasn’t really sure if I would like the combination.
I mean I LOVE basil, but does it belong on ice cream?
Well, let me tell you that IT ABSOLUTELY DOES.
and this recipe will make you a believer!
Start with some deliciously ripe peaches….my absolute favorite fruit!
Then pulse the basil in a blender to get it all chopped up.
After the syrup is made, pour it all over the peaches.
Look at the beauty.
Sweet peaches floating in this delicious syrup!
- 2 Fresh Peaches, pitted & diced
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 container basil leaves, (approx 15)
- Vanilla Ice Cream, or any flavor you prefer
- 2 cups water
- Take diced peaches and place them in a large bowl.
- Then in a saucepan, combine the sugar and the water. Stir to mix up.
- Boil that mixture on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes.
- Place syrup in blender & add basil leaves. Pulse until it all begins to blend together.
- Then pour all over diced peaches & let sit for 5 minutes.
- Scoop ice cream in a bowl & spoon the mixture over top!
- The mixure can also be stored in the refrigerator.