The salted caramel craze totally has one on me.
I love the blend of salty and sweet.
I decided to put that spin on some basic rice krispies and
what a delicious spin that turned out to be!
These are great for a party, potluck, or a sporting event!
You can even cut them up into bite size pieces and people can pop them in their mouth.
They are super simple to make and i promise you will not stop at just one.
- 50 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 10 oz bag marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 tsp sea salt flakes
- To make caramel: stir caramels, sweetened condensed milk, and butter in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Stir until melted and caramel is smooth, then remove from heat.
- Make the rice krispies by melting butter (3 Tbsp) over low heat and adding 1 tsp of the sea salt and 1 cup of the caramel mixture. Mix until well blended.
- Then add the marshmallow’s, stirring until completely melted. Add cereal and stir until well coated.
- Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with foil and make sure the foil extends out by 2-3 inches. Use a buttered spatula or wax paper and press the mixture into foil pan. Let cool completely.
- Then spread remaining 1 cup caramel mixture over top of cool bars. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tsp sea salt. Remove from pan, cut into squares and store in airtight container.