I love a good meatball and was craving some but with a different twist than the type I usually make.
I cannot eat spaghetti without meatballs, but these ones are the perfect ones for appetizers, football get togethers, or parties with friends!
I love the parmesan cheese flavor mixed with the scallions and the secret is the Hungarian pepper that sends them over the edge.
Begin by mixing all the ingredients together and rolling mini meatballs onto a baking sheet and placing in the fridge for 20 minutes.
While they are chilling in the fridge, begin preheating your oven to 375 F.
You should get anywhere from 30-40 mini meatballs on your tray.
Bake for 20 minutes and then enjoy the blast of flavor they are!
Mini Scallion and Parmesan Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef chuck (80% meat, 20% fat)
- 3 oz grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, grated on a rasp or finely minced
- 2 scallions, finely chopped (white & green parts)
- 1 tsp Hungarian or hot Paprika
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup panko
- fresh pepper
- Season the beef.
- Break the beef up into small chunks and put them in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese, garlic, scallions, and paprika over the entire bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, and salt and whisk until the salt is dissolved.
- Stir in the panko and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the beef and gently mix into the beef with one hand, using over fingers like a pitchfork.
- Make the meatballs: divide the meat into quarters and make 10 mini meatballs per quarter, for a total between 30- 40.
- I use OXO's small cookie scoop to get exact sizes.
- Refrigerate the meatballs on a large plate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Bake the meatballs- line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set the meatballs at least 1/2 inch apart on the sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and rest at least 30 minutes before inserting toothpicks to serve.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Everyday Adventures http://www.everydayadventures.com/
Recipe Source: Sunny’s Kitchen by Sunny AndersonYum