I recently discovered mozzarella sticks in the past year and I have NO IDEA what took me so long to try them.
It’s safe to say that I am completely addicted to them now.
There is just something so addicting about biting into a hot, cheesy, gooey mozzarella stick!
You will need these ingredients:
1 1/2 cups Italian-style dried breadcrumbs
1 1/3 cups freshly grated Parmesan
1 teaspoon salt
2 (16-ounce) blocks pasteurized mozzarella cut into 4 by 1/2-inch sticks
4 large eggs, beaten to blend
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
4 cups Marinara Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Italian-style dried breadcrumbs
- 1 1/3 cups freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (16-ounce) blocks pasteurized mozzarella, cut into 4 by 1/2-inch sticks
- 4 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 4 cups Marinara Sauce
- Stir the bread crumbs, 1 cup of Parmesan and 1 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl to blend.
- Dip the cheese in the eggs to coat completely and allow the excess egg to drip back into the bowl.
- Coat the cheese in the bread crumb mixture, patting to adhere and coat completely.
- Place the cheese sticks on a baking sheet. Repeat dipping the cheese sticks in the egg and bread crumb mixture to coat a second time. Cover and freeze until frozen, about 2 hours and up to 2 days.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Working in batches, fry the cheese until golden brown, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer the fried cheese to plates. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and serve with the Marinara Sauce.