I love me a grilled cheese sandwich, but I wanted to branch out from the typical cheddar routine,
so I decided i wanted to make a knock-out success.
It smelled sooooo good cooking and then when I cut into it and the cheese was all gooey and melty, it was a homerun.
This is one of my new favorite recipes and is just perfect for summer or with a bowl of soup in the chillier months. Go ahead and try it out…..you’ll love it!
Tomato and fontina grilled cheese
Tomato + Fontina Grilled Cheese
- – 2 slices ofbread (personal preference)
- – 1/2 cup fontina cheese, shredded
- – 1 tomato, sliced thick
- – 1 tbsp of herbed butter
- (combine 1 tbsp salted butter with 1/2 tsp herbs
- de provence)
- Preheat your oven to 450°.
- Butter the bread with herbed butter.
- Then put the bread, butter side down, onto a baking sheet. Sprinkle it with fontina cheese.
- Cut the tomato into thick slices. Grab a tomato slice and set it on the bread/cheese.
- Then place the baking sheet on the middle rack for about 6-7 minutes.
- When it’s all bubbly and golden, take it out and fold the pieces together to make a sandwich.
Everyday Adventures http://www.everydayadventures.com/